OEM Smart Key Mercedes Benz 2015-2023 FBS4 Buttons:3 / Frequency: 433.92 MHz / Part No: A2229056109999
9 / Blade signature:HU64 / Keyless Go / Nickel Black
Mercedes-Benz Key Fobs
Mercedes-Benz has two different types of key fobs, and that type will determine how many CR 2025 batteries it will need. The type of key fob will also determine how to change the battery. Stop by the Parts center at Mercedes-Benz of San Antonio if you need a new battery or if you’re unsure whether you need a new key fob altogether.
- Smart Key: This key fob is used with the older Mercedes-Benz models. It is usually made of plastic and will require two batteries.
- Chrome Key: This key fob with a metal casing is found with the newer Mercedes-Benz models. The older version of this key requires two batteries, while the newer version only requires one.
Another way to distinguish between the key fobs is by looking at the panic button. The newer version has a triangular shaped panic button and the older version has a circular shaped panic button.
Suitable with the following programmers:
Models & Year:
How to Change the Battery in a Mercedes-Benz Key
Changing Your Mercedes-Benz Key Fob Battery
Once the type of Mercedes-Benz key fob is known, they each have a slightly different process for opening the key fob and changing the battery.
Opening a Smart Key:
- To remove the key from inside the fob, pull the sliding tab on the side of the key.
- There will be a slot that is on the opposite side of where the key can be inserted completely, use the key and push down towards the fob.
- Once the back of the key is free, take out the old battery and put the new one in place.
Opening a Chrome Key:
- To release the key from the fob, pull the silver, square shaped tab on the bottom of the Chrome Key.
- After removing the key, a small gap will appear. Push the key into the gap to press the internal tab and release the back cover
- Once the back cover is free, take out the old battery and put the new one in its place.
Note: When replacing the battery, make sure the positive and negative sides are facing the right direction.